Neem is a multipurpose herb, which is recommended in every type of ailment. Following are the wonders of neem, which ayurveda has to offer to this world and modern life style of living.
· Neem act as anti bacterial, anti parasitic, anti fungal, anti protozoal and anti viral thus helps in protection from all the microorganisms, which are always ready to invade in our body causing serious ailments.
· Local application of neem powder or neem oil has miraculous results. As it is a famous anti microbial herb, it renders all the microorganisms inactive therefore helping in proper healing of wound without causing any infections and septic conditions.
· Taking bath of neem leaves water is a very common sight in Indian homes that helps our body to counter mild infections, which our body might get in day-to-day activity.
· Its tropical application makes us relieved from acne, eczema and even ringworms
· In skin related diseases, neem works as blessing of God on mankind. It has an action on almost every kind of skin disease thus making its indication in eradicating every kind of itch, rash, infection and allergy.
· Neem water is extensively used in burn injuries, thus to protect them from any kind of infection and also promote healing.
· Neem oil is extensively used in hair fall and early graying of hairs with very satisfying results. It also find its application in dandruff and in lice growth
· Its local application on arthritic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, Osteoarthritis, lower back pain, and musculo skeletal pains is highly recommended with good results
· Due to presence of tickt rasa it is beneficial in indigestion, constipation and restoring taste of mouth.
· It helps in fighting with the intestinal worms there by act as a deworming agent
· It is highly recommended in hyperacidity and epigastric pain as it suppresses pitta that is the main culprit in the aggravation of such illness.
· Good results have also been seen in gastritis
· Widely and extensively used as blood purifier as it possess the properties like tickt rasa which helps in detoxifying any toxins floating in our blood stream which may lead to illness.
· It gives wonderful results in diabetes incipidus and diabetes mellitus due to presence of tickt rasa.
· It is very helpful in curing urinary tract infection
· It stimulates liver for proper functioning therefore helps in maintaining proper secretions of liver
· It acts on all kinds of skin disorders and provides great relief.
· It works as an anti inflammatory and pain relieving agent
· It also helps in suppressing extra heat generated in body due to any reason thus helps in maintaing normal condition in hyperthermia. Very useful in suppressing fever.
· Anti malarial action of neem has also been seen
· Since old times neem leaves have been used as an agent that helps in increasing vision as it helps in suppressing kapha disorders thus releasing congestion on eyeballs caused due to mucus accumulation in sinuses.
· Coughing is relieved by use of neem water
· It helps in reducing excess micturation
· It has given very good results in diseases like gonorrhea and syphilis
· It works as an immunoboosting agent therefore making our immune system very strong and efficient to fight against any foreign invasion making our body strong and disease free. Heart Disease:Including high blood pressure, blood clots, cholesterol, and Arrhythmia/rapid heart beat.
Blood Disorders: Including poor circulation, blood poisoning, and kidney problems.
Digestive Disorders: Including heartburn/indigestion, peptic/duodenal ulcers, gastritis, and hemorrhoids.
Nervous Disorders: Including anxiety, epilepsy, and hives.